We’re hiring – In-House Legal Counsel (Brisbane)
Who are we?
Transition Level Investments (TLI) – TLI began in 2012 and is the family office of Steve Baxter, a renowned Australian entrepreneur, technology investor, Shark Tank AU Investor and the former Chief Entrepreneur for Queensland.
We facilitate investment into exciting startups, backing ambitious founders building pioneering companies of the future. We invest early into Australian and international technology companies (pre-seed to Series A) and are proud of our existing portfolio of investments which consists of over 30 companies across technology and consumer sectors.
We have ambitious plans for 2019 and beyond, including launching a new syndicated platform to raise funds from wholesale investors to deploy into exciting early-stage companies.
We aim to be a loyal long-term partner to our portfolio companies. This is facilitated by our strong team which seeks to add value by assisting founders, as well as our strong links to technology industry and investor networks plus links to organisations such as River City Labs, the RCL Accelerator and Startup Catalyst.
We are looking for someone to join our close-knit team based in Brisbane.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a commercial/corporate lawyer to join our team at TLI on a contract basis as in-house legal counsel.
In this role, the work you do will vary and will include advising on corporate transactions, compliance (including AFSL legislation) and a wide array of commercial matters. You will gain enviable experience and the opportunity to further develop as a well-rounded, dynamic and versatile lawyer.
Who are we looking for?
If you are committed to providing quality legal work but are searching for a different and more fulfilling way to enjoy your legal career, then we would love to hear from you.
· have between 3 and 6 years PQE;
· have general commercial/corporate experience from a reputable law firm, and/or in-house position – financial services experience is a bonus;
· be keen to broaden your experience and undertake varied and interesting work;
· have extensive experience working on commercial matters, and strong drafting skills;
· share a deep interest in learning and personal evolution;
· be commercially minded, committed to excellence, and able to work with a high level of autonomy in a close-knit team; and
· have strong inter-personal skills and a grounded disposition.
What we offer
· a flexible working structure determined based on candidate requirements;
· a highly professional, yet relaxed work environment based in Fortitude Valley, Brisbane;
· the opportunity to work with, and learn from, leading entrepreneurial and commercial thinkers;
· work-life balance without the stress of billable targets;
· the connection to exciting high-growth companies, and a deep network of investors including domestic and international VC/PE firms and high-net-worth individuals; and
· attractive remuneration commensurate with experience.
How to apply
To apply for this exciting opportunity please send through your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be interviewing shortlisted candidates from the week commencing Monday, 6 May 2019.